From:
Matt Hoyle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Nov 1999 13:51:42 -0500
I too have been looking into purchasing some recording(s) of Beethoven's
piano sonatas, specifically, the complete cycle.  I've managed to find
Brendel's cycle on Philips, a cycle by Ashkenazy on Philips (for much less
money), and one by Wilhelm Kempff on DG.  I have a 2CD item by Brendel on
Philips which contains the more "popular" sonatas, and like it very much.

Does anyone have any recommendations here?  I'm not looking to purchase
immediately.

Thanks for reading,
Matt Hoyle
hoyle at primeline dot com