From:
Jonathan Knapp <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Nov 1999 20:20:36 -0800
I'm glad to find another Jarrett fan out there in the classical world!  I
"discovered" that recording when my dad bought it at a used record store.
We were blown away by it even with bad vinyl sound.  When I got it on
digital, it got me again!

As somewhat of a jazz afficionado, I wouldn't be surpised by your account
of the performance.  Although the pieces are definetely improvised, you can
hear that there is a definite pattern, and direction to the performance.
I would imagine that he mentally sketched the work, and then played it the
way he felt it.  At any rate, it is a masterful performance, and I think,
the definitive live jazz piano performance.

Jonathan Knapp