From:
Andrys Basten <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Dec 1999 15:24:22 -0800
Lee Goggin wrote:

>Kevin Sutton wrote:
>
>>Argerich and Abaddo! Stunning.
>
>There are apparently two versions of the G Major Concerto by these folks:
>DG 2GH 423665 and DG 2GOR 447 438 are both listed at Tower Records web
>site.  Which are you recommending, or are they the same performance
>released twice?

The 423665 is with the London Symphony Orchestra, recorded 1984 while the
447438 was recorded in 1967 with the Berlin Philharmonic.  On my Argerich
recordings page, I link to reviews for most available recordings, including
these.  A Gramophone reviewer grumbles over what he feels are untoward
changes of tempo in the 1984 recording and people will just vary on that
kind of thing, with some preferring a more straightforward account, but a
more important point is probably that the piano sound is more vivid in the
earlier recording.

Andrys in Berkeley, CA
http://www.andrys.com/argerich.html
Available Argerich recodings