From:
Mats Norrman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Dec 1999 18:32:57 +0100
Deryk Barker <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Don Satz wrote:
>
>>Absolute Best Beethoven Recording - Late Piano Sonatas from Pollini.
>
>Much though I admire Pollini's Hammerklavier, I find others penetrate more
>deeply into the other late sonatas, notably Schmabel, Solomon and Frank.

"Hammerklavier" - I cannot take that sonata (And I *don't* mean I cannot
play it, I can't play anything except "The bear sleeps").  I have not heard
so many recordings (cause I tend to dislike pianomusic, except in Haydn),
so it can happen I have heard a disatrous recording, but the piece don't
really make any sence to me.  What have others to say about this quirk? I
almost tend to belive Beethoven had a very great and rare sence of humor,
but certainly I am dumb.

Mats Norrman