From:
Ron Chaplin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Dec 1999 08:08:02 PST
All morning I've been listening to the Violin Sonatas performed by Gidon
Kremer and Martha Argerich, MHS 534423Y.  All I can say is WOW!  I think
they are incredible performances.  I am somewhat familiar with Mozart's
Violin sontatas and they come nowhere near Beethoven's.  Listening to them,
I wonder why they're called sonatas, when the piano is much more than
accompaniement.  They sound like duets to me.  The sound is great, crisp
and clear.  If any List member knows of other recordings that are better
or at least equal to these performances, please let me know.

Thanks,

Ron Chaplin