From:
Ian Crisp <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Dec 1999 20:53:43 +0000
Only one month left to get your entries in!

A quick reminder of the rules:

The vote is for the pieces that best exemplify "Twentieth Century Classical
Music".  There is more about this in the archives, I'm not going to go
through it all again here.

You may nominate up to five pieces.  They do not have to be by five
different composers.  You cannot vote for e.g.  the Bartok String Quartets
- you have to pick a specific one.  Or more than one.  You do not have to
rank your entries into order.

The definition of "classical music" here is quite loose.  Nominate what you
want to, if I can't accept it I'll let you know and you can re-think.

Deadline is theoretically the last second of 1999.  In practice, it will
probably be as soon as I am sufficiently recovered from my anticipated
millennial hangover to process late entries.

For the purposes of this poll, "Twentieth Century" means any 4-digit year
that starts with 19.

Non-listmembers (family, friends etc.) may vote.

Unaccompanied entries should be sent to me at [log in to unmask] with the
subject line "Twentieth Century Poll", not to the list.  But if you want to
give reasons, raise arguments, or discuss in any way, send them to the list
instead.

When the final entries are in, I expect to be able to do some analysis to
reveal things like "Most Typical C20 Composer".  It's pretty clear already
who that's going to be!

Ian Crisp