From:
Milan Gowin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Nov 1999 16:06:58 -0700
Jon Lewis wrote:

>It was new-- at HMV in Cambridge, and it was the only copy.  I suppose if
>HMV is its own distribution entity, they might have some in some warehouse
>somewhere unlike the other distributors.  Do they have their own
>distributor?

I'm sorry I don't know how relevant this might be, but I work at an
HMV here in Canada, and I know for a fact that we don't have one major
distributor, in fact we deal with quite many.  The problem with alot of
distributors is that they, for some reason, like to discontinue many of the
products that they carry.  More than half the time it is not the fault of
the record company.  I was in London, England earlier this summer and, as
an example, the HMV on Oxford Street had many titles that have already been
discontinued in North America.  Such a shame, really.  So for those of you
have access to at least the U.K.  stores, your much luckier than your North
American counterparts.

Milan Gowin <[log in to unmask]>