Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Mon, 8 Nov 1999 11:13:14 -0500
From:
Marcus Maroney <[log in to unmask]>
Donald Satz wrote:

>Kevin Sutton wrote:
>
>>Fanfare will give pages and pages of good reviews under one condition: buy
>>a page or two of ad space.  Long-winded and tiresome, Fanfare's reviews are
>>constantly in a direct correlation with who buys ads.
>
>If Kevin is correct, each Fanfare reviewer would have to be given the ad
>information ahead of time.  Then, the reviewer would be required to provide
>reviews which correlate to the ad space.

Last Thursday, the president of CRI came and talked with us at Yale about
the classical CD industry.  He asked us where we read about American-based
CD releases and the issue of Fanfare came up.  He did in fact confirm that
Fanfare will only review your discs if you pay for advertising with them.
I don't think it necessarily guarantees a good review, however he said that
the reviews were always "generous".  Hence the fact that I don't read
Fanfare.

Marcus Maroney