Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Wed, 22 Dec 1999 07:40:36 +1100
From:
Richard Pennycuick <[log in to unmask]>
Bob Draper wrote of the Bamert Michael Haydn symphonies on Chandos:

>If you purchase these I would be interested to hear your views on the
>performances.  Also is anyone has heard these and the Harold Faberman
>versions then I like to know how they compare.

I haven't heard Bamert in these but I have a number of the Contemporaries
of Mozart series that Don mentioned and on that evidence, I would imagine
they're stylishly and energetically played.  I have one CD of Farberman's
versions which I like very much, although I believe he has tinkered with
the scoring.  I also have a couple of CDs of other orchestral music of
Michael Haydn on cpo played by Deutsche Kammerakademie Neuss conducted
by Johannes Goritzki.  These are excellent IMHO.

Richard Pennycuick