Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sat, 18 Dec 1999 20:01:31 PST
From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Deryk Barker on Sony:

>Who have dropped Tafelmusik, I just discover...Another triumph of
>clearheaded thinking by Peter "the distroyer" Gelb.

Although Gelb has been destroying much of what I liked about Sony
recordings, I have the feeling that, financially, he's doing well for
Sony.  That puts folks like me and Deryk in a bad position.  The company
does better when we are neglected, the radio station does likewise; we
could get to the point where Fanfare does better if we're neglected.

The old adage that if you want something done your way, you better do it
yourself always rings true.  But, the private enterprise system has some
offsetting benefits for us.  We can do it ourselves if we choose to, and
there's a maximum of sources for our listening pleasure.  If the "state"
was in charge, the choices would be meagre and of even lower quality.  The
only thing a public source does better than a private one is to waste money
and time.

Don Satz