Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sat, 18 Dec 1999 14:35:14 PST
From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Jim Tobin wrote:

>I grab anything I see with Gergiev conducting.  (Not really much, so
>far, I admit).

Gergiev might not have recorded much so far, but it adds up to a lot of
money with those multiple set Russian operas and a Tchaikovsky 5th giving
us less than 50 minutes of music at premium price.  But, Jim knows how to
spend his money well.  Gergiev is a treasure, and I expect much more from
him in the future.  I also like the fact that he's one of the few current
conductors who looks like he could beat up the entire violin section of an
orchestra and spit them out with disdain (a man's man).  I'd like to see
him in that "Tough Guy" competition on one of the cable stations in the
USA.  One stare from Gergiev would send shivers down his opponent's spine.

Don Satz