Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Fri, 17 Dec 1999 21:15:32 +0100
From:
Peter Lundin <[log in to unmask]>
Donald Scarinci <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Is there a preference for Haitnik's 10th on CD? I'd like a good recording,
>so if anyone has any suggestions I'd appreciate it.

Opinions can always be discussed, I just came home from hearing The
Gothenburg Symphony play the DDS 10 live under Russian Alexander Lazarev,
so Donald listen to me..  You have to hear this symphony live to really
appreciate it.  Recordings, no matter the quality of Your HIFI, live is
always better.  But if You do not have a decent orchestra where You live,
recordings is a last resort, knowing Donalds preference for stunning
fidelity, then perhaps trying DePriest on Delos would be a decent choice
(it is not a bad interpretation) if One wants the best intrepretation on CD
then I'd perhaps agree on one of Mravinsky's, which one You should choose
is really up to availability, but of the three I have (on Saga, Melodiya
and Erato) I mostly prefer the one on Melodiya.

Your humble lurker

peter lundin, gothenburg.se -  Counting the days: DSCH 100 (1906-2006)