Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sat, 18 Dec 1999 11:36:24 PST
From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Walter Meyer responded to Bob Draper:

>Well, if you like the stormy opening of the Brahms First Piano Concerto
>(and I do too), you might want to give a listen to the first movement of
>the Piano Concerto No.  24 in c minor by M_z_rt, to which I used to think
>the Brahms opening similar.

Walter's throwing some Mozart Bob's way - will he catch it?

I never thought of any connection between the Brahms and Mozart openings,
but they are both stormy.  Of course, the pacing is much faster in the
Mozart and it has a demonic characteristic not found in the Brahms which
is more of the heaven storming variety.

If Bob does decide to look into this, I'd recommend Frantz on Eurodisc to
get the full effect of the demonic quality.  Finding that disc would likely
be a chore; I haven't heard of Eurodisc in some time.

Don Satz