Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Wed, 15 Dec 1999 18:37:21 +0100
From:
Mats Norrman <[log in to unmask]>
Deryk Barker [[log in to unmask]] wrote:

>There are two live NYPO/Walter Das Lieds floating around to my knowledge:
>the 1948 Svanholm/Ferrier which is available on Naxos and in the NYPO box
>- in rather better sound I gather, although it's still not great.

No, the sound isn't the best, to say it smooth, in this one.  But the
singing and playing is so great!  I haven't heard all "Das Lied von der
Erde" of course, but I must say this recording come close to the perfection
of this work - as I imagine it to be.

>Then there is a 1953 Svanholm/someonewhosenameIdon'trecall which is on Music
>and Arts and varioius Italian pirates.

I would be interested to hear more of Svanholm. Could anyone please provide
more information on this recording?

Mats Norrman