Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
John Burgess <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 Oct 1999 19:15:08 +0100
----- Original Message -----
>From: Computer Software Solutions Ltd <[log in to unmask]>
>But if I am fighting a
>resistant pest, as is now rapidly appearing to be the case, then the battle
>is lost before it starts.

Tom, I think you are a bit premature in your pessimism.
As far as I know, resistance in Europe is confined to a relatively few areas
of the continent, parts of Italy, Switzerland and perhaps France. (I stand
to be corrected on the details, and no doubt the situation changes from year
to year).
There have been no reported cases of resistance in the UK and I would
expect, with responsible use of appropriate control methods, it will be many
years before resistant mites appear in Ireland. Even then resistance will be
to one class of treatment, and alternatives should become available.

Don't give up yet!

John Burgess, Editor Gwenynwyr Cymru, The Welsh Beekeeper