From:
David Eyre <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 18 Sep 1999 20:06:32 -0400
On 18 Sep 99, at 10:27, Bill Truesdell wrote:

> that FGMO works. For example, the following was taken from David
> Eyre's web site in my search for more facts on FGMO:
>
>  quote- We are still feeding wintergreen as needed, but we have
> now started with tobacco in the smoker and a thin line of FGMO on
> the top bars every time we open the hive. Just out of interest,
> the amount of tobacco in the smoker is quite small, about 1/2 oz.
> -unquote
> David says he gets good mite drop from FGMO. But he is using
> tobacco smoke with the FGMO.

Nice to see a correct quote for once. I should update that page and
add " we have since dispensed with the tobacco in the smoker, it does
knock down Varroa. But as a *quit smoker* we found after a few weeks
that the smell was most offensive, so stopped using it*. The amount
it was used wouldn't have had a significant effect on the Varroa
counts.

> done well. I only asked then, as I ask now, for someone else to
> duplicate his results. No one has. In fact, the only tests I have
> seen to date show it does not work.

I'm begining to think that Bill has shares in Apistan, there has been
others reporting good results with FGMO, but all he can see are the
negatives.