From:
David Eyre <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 18 Sep 1999 20:06:32 -0400
On 17 Sep 99, at 0:33, Computer Software Solutions Ltd wrote:

> Now there is a deafening silence from the same Dr R.
>
> Could the silence be the most eloquent testimony possible to the failure
> of the FGMO approach?
>
> Or would the good doctor be kind enough to tell us to the contrary if such
> be the case?

After the quite disgraceful treatment of Dr.R, I for one am not
suprised by his silence on this list. He originally came on this
list, a bit bombastic I must agree, gave us his findings on FGMO, for
free, and the list tore him to shreds. At that time it wasn't
moderated so there was no way of preventing some really bad flames.
        The only reason that I could find for the treatment meted out to
him, he hadn't undertaken a full *scientific* study to the
satisfaction of the puesdo scientists on this list. Considering Dr.R
is just a regular individual without support (a la Universities) he
was still expected to provide controls etc running into thousands of
$'s, then to give his findings for free to all who asked. There is a
saying about 'Don't look a gift horse in the mouth', it was all for
free, and without the possibility of any financial reward!! In God's
name what more do you want?

> But meantime, have we now got a new generation of Dr R's who, whilst
> sharing the genuine genuine belief of Dr R in FGMO because of its
> seductively eco friendly regime, are merely re running the anecdotal
> approach, and will eventually disappear into silence, because their
> genuine beliefs, like those of Dr R are fundamentally flawed?

What has the writer come up with that is so thought provoking that
allows him to be so critical of others trying to protect their bees.
Perhaps, when he starts finding dead hives to Varroa, in spite of
using the *official* treatments, he might view our efforts slightly
differently.

The Bee Works, 9 Progress Drive, Unit 2,
Orillia, Ontario, Canada.L3V 6H1.
Phone (705)326 7171 Fax (705)325 3461
David Eyre,
e-mail<[log in to unmask]>
http://www.beeworks.com
This months special:-Vest/veil combination