From:
Bob Draper <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Oct 1999 23:34:45 +0000
Wes Crone wrote:

>One issue that has been on my mind for the last several months is whether
>or not CM listeners fairly judge pieces/performances when they have an
>unfavorable view of the performer or conductor.  ...

This was dealt with extensively by me a couple of months ago when I
refered to the big names syndrome.  I also reminded the readers of various
psychological experiments including the famous Pavlov's salivating dogs.

This applies in this case except the dogs are growling not salivating.

If I might remind everybody, it is for these reasons that I reccommend
double-blind testing as the only way of judging works/performances.

I am pleased that other list members are re-discovering my ideas many weeks
after they were given an unfavourable reception by some on the list.

Bob Draper
Send any honourable music PHDs to my home address.