HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
"Dendy, John" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Sep 1999 12:41:58 -0400

        [Dendy, John]  When living, working, or studying in a country where
there are threats of terrorism, banditry, and revolution, and there are
several divisons of the secret police, it pays to chose one's friends wisely
and speak softly. One can always be an activist at home. This person's
situation is entirely of her own making in a country not known for its human
rights record. On the other hand, even Americans give clemency to
terrorists.