HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
"Dendy, John" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Jun 1999 09:26:10 -0400
They are probably mesh goggles for the firemen on the trains. Used to keep
cinders from blowing back in the eyes wwhen the fire doors are open for
stoking or examination. Glass was not neccessarily included. Many were
simply sewn into a fitted leather band.

John Dendy
Dynamac Corporation
Fort Riley, KS