From:
Joseph Sowa <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Aug 1999 16:24:25 -0400
Steve Schwartz wrote:

>That, of course, is up to you.  If you're curious about the music written
>from 1900 on, start listening to those composers.  If you could care less,
>don't, but don't blame it on the composers.

I say you can blame it on the composers.  What some of the recent
composers have done (not in all their works) have sacrificed humanity for
originality.  Without humanity, you end up with cold and challenging music.
The composers can be original without sacrificing that which enables people
to relate to the music.

Joseph Sowa