From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Aug 1999 22:02:43 PDT
Stephen E. Bacher wrote:

>The whole exercise is rather questionable, though, especially since
>Bart Simpson is one of the "people of the century".

People are something special when a "cartoon guy" can reach these exalted
heights.  I'd vote for "Miss Piggy".

>As far as John Lennon's place, I've been thinking that in fact it is
>Paul McCartney who is one of the great talents of the era.

I'm not going to say anything unkind about Paul, but it does occur to
me that considering the music that he personally wrote when a Beatle and
the direction his music subsequently took, he really did not place much
priority on "rock" music, but "pop" music.  Of course, now he's a composer
of classical music and exempt from my criticisms.

Don Satz