From:
Gerardo Constantini <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Aug 1999 10:28:04 -0500
Tom Connor wrote:

>... I was ordering some CDs and saw a collection of Schumann piano music
>with Wilhelm Kempff for a little over $US20.00.  I don't recall seeing
>Kempff mentioned in any of the Schumann recommendations, but I took a
>chance.
>
>Having listened to this 4 CD set about 15 times in the last 8 weeks or so,
>it's good (and, I'm not masochistic).  It may not be the best, but Kempff's
>dynamics and rhythm remind me why I hold this pianist in high regard.
>(And, given the price, a great value.)
>
>Sublime listening.  Sublime is good.

It's true,i am pretty sure nobody spoke about Schumann played by Kempff.
That's the problem with so many modern famous names,sometimes people forget
GREAT names.  In my personal point of view,the principal caracteristic of
Kempff,were the Beethoven Sonatas,which for me are among the best versions
of it,or even the best (speking in general terms).  He recorded not to much
Schumann but the few he recorded is wonderful.The Fantasy Op.17 in C major
played by him,is a pleasure to listen it.  Cordially:

Gerardo:.