From:
Tony Duggan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Aug 1999 20:08:41 -0700
Jon Lewis wrote:

>Just now I decided to finally check out this "Horenstein thing" via
>Berkshire Record Outlet Sound like a good cross-section of Horenstein?
>Any high points I oughta consider checking out?

Yes, that is a good cross section but you must hear his Mahler Eighth on
BBC Legends which I review at:

   http://www.musicweb.force9.co.uk/music/classrev/dec98/mahler.html

And also his Bruckner Eighth and Ninth which I also review at:

   http://www.musicweb.force9.co.uk/music/classrev/Apr99/bruckner.htm

In addition don't miss his Mahler Ninth on Music and Arts.  In fact, never
miss any of his Mahler.

His Mahler First Symphony on Unicorn is one of the greatest ever, in my
oipinion and that is reflected in the first part of my developing Mahler
recordings survey which is at:

   http://www.musicweb.force9.co.uk/music/Mahler/Mahler1.htm

Sorry for all the shameless self promotion, Dave, but I couldn't resist and
it's all in the interest of a favourite classical musician.

Tony Duggan,  England.