From:
Bob Draper <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Aug 1999 13:18:41 +0000
Donald Satz wrote

>It must take an unusual mind to wonder about the racial make-up of
>Beethoven.  Beyond the tiny possibilty of Beethoven's blackness or degree
>thereof, the music of Beethoven is in place, and his ethnic, racial, or
>religious origins mean nothing to me.

I agree with you wholeheartedly here.  But if you read my other posting
you will see that I trying to move the thread to something more useful;
involvment of all sections of the community in classical music

>Do any of you care what race, ethnic origin, or religious affiliation I
>belong to? Some of you think well of me, some don't, and most don't think
>about me at all.  Nothing about my origins or affiliations would or should
>change that.

Do I care about your race etc? Nope.
Do I think of you? You bet I do!

>What a thread!

Yes, but this has generated more postings than half a dozen more sane
topics put together!

Bob Draper