From:
Richard Pennycuick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Aug 1999 13:00:59 +1000
Denis Fodor:

>Richard Pennycuick cites Andrew Carlan:
>
>>>I happen to very much like Bernstein's performance with the NYP of
>>>Nielsen's 3rd...
>>
>>Unless he recorded it twice, which seems unlikely, the third is with the
>>Royal Danish Orchestra.
>
>NYP/Bernstein do Nielsen #3 & #5 on Sony SMK47598.  The Danish #3 (&#4)
>is/are on EMI, I believe (but I never owned it).

This becomes complicated.  I bought my LP of the Bernstein Nielsen 3rd
(with the Royal Danish Orchestra and soloists Ruth Guldbaek and Niels
Moller) in 1967.  I bought my Sony CD (MK 44708) of Bernstein's Nielsen
3 and 5 in 1989.  This is the same performance of the third as on the LP.
Presumably SMK47598 contains the same performances, possibly remastered
again.  My record catalogue says that the 3rd is the same performance.
I don't know of a Danish version on EMI, conducted by Bernstein, that
is.  Denis, your call.

Richard Pennycuick