From:
Joel Hill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Aug 1999 20:53:15 -0400
Don Satz  wrote:

>A recent posting raised in my mind the subject of what list members would
>like to see in a post recommending/reviewing a particular recording so that
>maximum benefit can be derived from the posting.

I agree with Don as other readers have.  Something that I have always
liked in a review, particularly of a piece that is not well-known is an
indication of another composer whose works might be similar.  Such as:  "If
you like Saint-Saens Piano Concertos, you will probably like this one too."

This doesn't always work, but is helpful with obscure composers and people
very new to CM.

Joel Hill
Tallahassee, FL - USA
ALKAN Web Page: http://www.nettally.com/joelhill/Index.html