From:
Mats Norrman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Dec 1999 18:37:29 +0100
Eric Schissel [log in to unmask] reports:

>As to the series itself I have found the Lees 4th,

Is there any consensus on how this recording compare with those on other
labels? Maybe the NAXOS one is worth buying for the lower price, then? uh?

>and the Piston violin concerti to be very valuable recordings

I have tried this Piston.  I had never heard any Piston before - I found
it to be carefully constructed, but dry academic music.  I don't think the
recording, without being bad, stands out as something special.  Maybe there
is a recording to compare it with?

Mats Norrman