From:
Kevin Sutton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Nov 1999 22:25:52 -0600
Donald Scarinci wrote:

>I've been listening to a lot of Bach lately and I wondered what people
>thought were MUST LISTEN TO music by Bach.

Sure Don, I'll bite: Kevin's top ten Bach recordings (in no particular
order)

1.  "Mit Fried und Freud" sundry funeral cantatas by Herrwege et al.
2.  St. Matthew Passion, Klemper et al on EMI
3.  B minor mass, Gardiner et al on Archiv
4.  Goldberg Variations, Gould 1955
5.  Christmas Oratorio, Naxos recording
6.  "Ich habe genug" Hans Hotter EMI
7.  Brandenburg Concerti: Brettin ECO
8.  Orchestral Suites: Bach Collegium Leipzig, Max Pommer
9.  Double and triple keyboard concerti: Casadesus family
10. Cello suites: Ralph Kirschbaum

Kevin Sutton