Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sun, 22 Aug 1999 15:52:11 -0400
From:
Joel Hill <[log in to unmask]>
I picked up the double CD of Stephen Hough plying the Brahms Piano
Concertos with Andrew Davis on Virgin Classics.  It cost me about $11.00
at Borders.  I have been very impressed with Hough, particularly his
Scharwenka 4th CD.  So, I wanted to see what he did with the Brahms,
especially the first.  This is probably my favorite concerto, along with
the Rachmaninoff d minor.

Hough's performance of the first is in several places almost over the top,
but I really like it and enjoy the great CD sound.  My previous favorite
recording of this work was by Graffman on an old Victrola (which I still
like).

Any other observations or thoughts about Hough's Brahms???

Joel Hill
Tallahassee, FL - USA
ALKAN Web Page: http://www.nettally.com/joelhill/Index.html