Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Fri, 20 Aug 1999 19:15:44 PDT
From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Nick Perovich responds to Bob Draper:

>>It's like Pavlov's dogs.  The listener starts salivating in
>>anticipation of a performance by Karajan before a note has been
>>played.
>
>Exactly the attitude that characterizes so many members of this  list.

I'm salivating right now in anticipation of listening to the new disc I
just ordered, volume 4 of Russell Sherman's traversal of Beethoven's piano
sonatas on the GM label.  I better make sure I don't salivate on Bob or
Nick.

By the way, Sherman's series is outstanding; I'm coming from a preference
for my Beethoven to be performed seriously and with a priority on finding
the soul of the music.  If this sounds good to you, don't delay in buying
Sherman.

As for Nick and Bob, those guys should get together and compile a list
of strong complaints - 100 sheets of 8.5 x 11 writing paper should do the
trick.  But please guys, don't send me any copies.  I've got enough
complaints of my own.

Don Satz