Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Thu, 12 Aug 1999 14:41:58 PDT
From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
John Wiser wrote:

>...but tell us, what's on top of your CD pile in this repertoire?

I like Mackerras on Telarc best: great sound, crisp playing, and fully
expressive to my ears.  I also have a warm spot for Bohm and the 1977
Karajan, both on DG.  I'm still waiting for what I would consider a fully
outstanding/revelatory coupling of these works.  At one time I thought that
a Gardiner or someone of that style would fill the bill, but that hasn't
happened.

Don Satz