Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Wed, 24 Nov 1999 09:43:35 -0600
From:
James Tobin <[log in to unmask]>
Alberto Larzabal wonders if there is a recording of:

>...kind of version of Monteverdi's Orfeo composed by Orff.  It's something
>like a cantata with the musical ideas of Monteverdi and the sonority of
>Carl Orff.

There was a 1975 recording by a German label I don't know--Acanta, in
Hamburg.  The work is an opera in three acts, adapted from Monteverdi,
in German, but with an Italian title: L'Orfeo, Favola in Musica di
Claudio Monteverdi.  The recorded performance, conducted by Kurt Eichhorn,
Muenchener Runfunkorchester, and with Orff as narrator, is sung by Lucia
popp, Rose Wagemann, Hermann Prey, and Karl Ridderbusch, with the choir
of the Bayerischen Rundfunks.  You might be able to find a used copy
somewhere.

Jim Tobin