From:
Cindy Shortell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Aug 1999 15:40:47 EDT
I recenty started treating my 2 hives with Menthol. I left one honey super on
thinking that since I did not get much honey my first year that I should
leave it for the bees. I attended a bee association meeting and was told that
bees winter better with sugar water, less dysentery. So, is my honey super
contaminated? I know I can't sell it with medication in the supers, but is it
safe for my own consumption?

Should I just leave the honey on, mark the super and know that I can not ever
use this super for selling honey, your suggestions please. The menthol has
been on for 5 days.

If I can use it, is there a way to extract it without an extractor,
especially since I use plastic frames?

Cindy