From:
Ted Fischer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 10 Jan 2000 11:49:42 -0500
Allen Dick wrote:

> Among many other amazing things, he tells me that his neural network system have
> been able to predict swarms after watching bee comings and goings at the hive
> entrances for some time -- even though the networks had never 'experienced' a
> swarm before.

I really don't understand what is being discussed here.  From my point of view (as
a professional anatomist) I understand "his neural network system" as being
essentially the same as his nervous system, i.e. his brain, spinal cord and
nerves.  I don't think that is what is being meant here, so Allen, could you clue
me in on the real topic.

Ted Fischer
Dexter, Michigan USA