From:
Scott Mitchell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Dec 1999 14:03:14 -0600
Hi all, I realize this is abit late to the discussion of Propolis but IM
just in from my hives in Va.  After the discussion of propolis and the
amount that was being produced (of the like, we very seldom see in Texas) I
wanted to comment on my hives in Va.  Early in the fall I saw curtains of
Propolis being drawn to cover the entrance.  Now I opened my hives to feed
them and to do some last minute management I have found curtains or
barriers built between the frames and combs in what appeared to be the
future cluster.  Each hive has various amounts of propolis but each had at
least 2 frames with these barriers.  Sorry if this is old to some but the
thread on propolis was a good one and one that interested me.  Any others
have this same observation?