From:
Philip Peters <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Aug 1999 12:37:59 +0200
John Dalmas wrote:

>Philip Peters wrote:
>
>>The only Mozart sonatas which IMO are equal to Goldberg/Kraus are those by
>>Grumiaux/Haskil . . .
>
>The only Mozart sonatas which IMO are better than Grumiaux/Haskil, are
>those by Grumiaux/Klien.  I love this game of match point.  Actually I
>would be happy were I to possess only one of the four combinations volleyed
>here.

I do and I am happy ;) I like Grumaixu/Haskil quite a lot better than
Grumiaux/Klien, mainly because of Grumiaux' playing which seems fresher
and more radiant to me, more inspired.  But G/Klien has the advantage of
offering a lot more sonatas.  And in the end these assessments are rather
subjective of course.  I do play Grumiaux/Klien with much pleasure too.

Philip