HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Judy Bense <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Nov 2000 16:09:35 -0600
Also concerning Jim Deetz:

He is one of those people who will always be spoken of in our discipline.
Not a week goes by that I personally don't mention him by name and example
to students in teaching, to colleagues concerning research, and to myself in
the struggle to determine the meaning of archaeological materials.

Deetz is one of my personal heroes.  He saw the potential of historical
archaeology for helping us understand the archaeological record long before
most of us.

He lives on.....