HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Allen Vegotsky <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Sep 2000 11:35:37 -0400
Hi Lydia,

I claim no expertise in brass kettle/Ansonia history, but I wondered whether
you have a copy of Henry Kauffman's "American Copper and Brass" published in
1968.  The author shows a nice picture of the top and bottom of a Hayden
spun brass basin with the 1851 date embossed on the base.  The date refers
to Patent No. 8,389 dated to Dec. 16, 1851 for making kettles and "articles
of like character", and Kauffman describes the patent on p. 79.  If this
information is of use to you, I can mail you a copy.  Respond off line.

Allen Vegotsky