HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Wayne Neighbors <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Aug 1999 05:14:10 -0400
Hello,
Searching the Internet can sometimes provide fruitful.
But with less than 30% of all Internet sites in one or another of the major
search engines, using "index sites" (not below) or "web rings" (see below)
might lead to what one is seeking? Works for me often enough to use them.
Below is a highly edited list of search results from one of the major hosts
to "web rings" using the search word "aviation" only.
With the link near the top - one can search for "hangars" and such as well -
if such exists. I did not try it.

Warm regards,
Wayne Neighbors, Ph.D.
President, Vee Ring Ltd
http://anthro.org/index.htm
http://anthro.org/fourstar.htm
http://homepages.msn.com/Terminus/asscinc/index.html

WebRING Main Menu:
http://www.webring.org/

Search Page:
http://search.webring.com/cgi-bin/search?search

I deleted smaller lists from the search results for "aviation" that
obviously could not contain sites of interest to the question about early
hangers and such as well as those obviously of a foreign aviation content
nature.
"List" usually gets a complete list of sites in that "ring"

Aviation Ring
http://nav.webring.com/cgi-bin/navcgi?ring=aero;list
(aero) -- 1158 sites
List
http://nav.webring.com/cgi-bin/navcgi?ring=aero;list

All are welcome to join the AERO ring. Good art, good stories, good
pictures. Come on in and share your love of aviation. As we add new members
to the ring, you fashion the direction we take.

The Military Aviation Webring
http://nav.webring.com/cgi-bin/navcgi?ring=aviationring;list
(aviationring) -- 78 sites
List
http://nav.webring.com/cgi-bin/navcgi?ring=aviationring;list
All kinds of sites accepted as long as they have anything to do with
aircraft or military!!!

Flightlines Aviation WebRing
http://nav.webring.com/cgi-bin/navcgi?ring=aviations;list
(aviations) -- 74 sites
List
http://nav.webring.com/cgi-bin/navcgi?ring=aviations;list
the best in Aircraft's, Helicopters or any thing that might fly! Click here
just for Aviation.

The Aviation Ring
http://nav.webring.com/cgi-bin/navcgi?ring=flyring;list
(flyring) -- 217 sites
List
http://nav.webring.com/cgi-bin/navcgi?ring=flyring;list
airplanes ww2 ww1 modern

on any aircraft at all, you are sure to find it at the Aviation Ring.

Aviation History
http://nav.webring.com/cgi-bin/navcgi?ring=avihistory;list
(avihistory) -- 112 sites
List
http://nav.webring.com/cgi-bin/navcgi?ring=avihistory;list

warbirds flight planes aircraft jets props german air disasters

dedicated to aviations great past and the personalities that made it famous.