HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Diane Dismukes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Feb 1999 11:16:37 -0600
I was under the impression that having an international focus had less to
do with what we look at than with how we look at it. If I find that property
values drop in a specific city in Texas at a specific time I can spend a
lifetime looking for the local reason and never decipher one. The true fact
of the matter is that there was a world wide depression that led to the
reduction in these values and created a change in the daily life of very
local individuals.

No place is totally isolated from the world at large, but archeologists have
in the past analyzed them as if they were. It's just time to be aware of
the global village and it's effects on our little corner of it.

Diane Dismukes