From:
Walter Meyer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 Aug 1999 22:34:58 -0400
In a Bob Newhart sitcom episode, the dramatic society of the New England
town where he and his wife run their inn are producing My Fair Lady without
the songs, which is what they call Shaw's original Pygmalion.

I watched the Leslie Howard/Wendy Hiller 1938 film and found that, while
it may not have had the benefit of Frederick Loewe's music, it had a very
adequate substitute:  the music of Arthur Honegger.

Walter Meyer