From:
Scott Morrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Aug 1999 18:14:28 -0500
Bob Draper wrote:

>I wonder if he would be as popular today if it weren't for the Paganini
>variations.

With due respect, I have to ask what rock you've been living under? Did you
miss the furore over the Helfgott film, 'Shine', that featured the Third
Concerto? Possibly more people heard Rachmaninoff's music in that film than
have ever heard him in live concerts.  And I'm told that this sparked an
interest in his music by otherwise unsophisticated CD buyers.

Scott Morrison