From:
Tom Connor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Aug 1999 10:59:16 -0400
Bill Karzas comment on my posting:

>>Wonderful preparation for other listening of the same music.  For me, they
>>will be a baseline to compare and enjoy, more or less, other performances.
>>Eventually I imagine I will become so used to them I will better appreciate
>>other performances and their subtleties.
>
>Beware, however, Tom, of becoming so imprinted with these that any other
>performances will appear inferior because different from what is ingrained
>in you.  Their subtleties may appear as perversities.

I know exactly what you are saying Bill.  I can be very intolerant of some
performances based on the imprint I've received from past listening.  But
I've also found there are performances that in comparison to what has been
imprinted become more exciting.  It goes both ways.  My own experience has
been good performances can be enjoyed, and as familiarity grows, the
subtlety of performances increases.

"Tom Connor" <[log in to unmask]>