Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Fri, 27 Aug 1999 15:55:24 +1000
From:
Robert Clements <[log in to unmask]>
Joel Hill <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>I discovered last year that the distance from the Orlando (FL) airport to
>my cousin's house is 2 Beethoven sonatas and 1.5 acts from Faust.

Sydney is the only city so sprawled that it makes LA seem like a paradigm
of organisational concision...  so much so, that - during our last brush
with bushfires - i had to reassure my PR-Chinese inlaws that bushfires
could actually be in Sydney & still 50kms away (in the right direction,
they could have been more than 120kms from my home; & still well & truly
been hidden in thge Olympic city).  On a recent trip to Canberra, i managed
to listen to three complete symphonies (2 by Hovhaness; another by Arnold)
& still hadn't gotten out of the suburbs; so ended up switching to Glass's
_Einstein on the Beach_ to try & get me into the actual country....

It was a closerun thing; but those who know Canberra will be reassured to
know i reached the city during the prematurely airconditioned supermarket
soliloquy....

All the best,

Robert Clements <[log in to unmask]>