Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Tue, 10 Aug 1999 07:29:45 -0500
From:
Karl Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Bob Draper wrote:

>You will need another 200k for psychiatric treatment after the premier.
>Is there anyone out there who has managed to listen to a Penderecki piece
>from beginning to end? Has anyone purchased a Penderecki CD and kept it?

I confess, I have many of his works in recording.  I prefer his more
modern sounding works.  His early writing reminds me some of works like
Stravinsky's Les Noces.  I find great power and expression in works like
Penderecki's St. Luke Passion and Polymorphia.  I have even purchased some
of the scores.  His music was required listening when I was a student, and
I have assigned it to my own students.  Many have written papers on his
music.  His music has been performed by almost every major symphonic
organization.

Somehow I don't think all of those folks are in treatment.

Karl