From:
"The Burlingames(" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Jul 1999 21:25:04 -0700
| Subject: Re: Summary of Trecheal Mite Treatments

Concern treament of Traecheal Mites.

This guy discussed the timing to remove supers and
 do the methol treatment on the east coast. Would like
to hear from beekeepers on the West coast and what
kind of timing they have? Also, does it make any
difference what kind of menthol is used?

As to the crisco and sugar....what is the supposed effect
of this on the mites? We had been told that crisco and
powdered sugar patties and terramycin should be used
to treat bees..but that would be for American Foul Brood.
And don't we only need to treat for that in April and
September?

Lots to learn,

Meri