From:
Marc Sevigny <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Jul 1999 08:56:39 -0400
Inspection of two of my hives found that
there is nectar/honey in the upper brood
chamber (2 deeps).  There is NO ROOM
for laying in the upper deep.

I live in New England, and was wondering
if it is worthwhile and practical to extract
the honey in the brood chamber to make
room for more laying.

If so, how would one best go about this?

I was thinking that putting the brood chamber
on top of the honey supers over a bee escape,
then blowing out the remaining bees the
following day might do it.

Has anyone done this?  Will the effort be
worth the benefit, or should I just allow
the remainder of the season to pass,
knowing that the bees will have a hefty
supply of honey going into the winter...

Marc Sevigny                      [log in to unmask]
Legato Systems                (508) 229-0400 X101
Summit Place 4th Floor
420 Lakeside Ave                fax: (508) 229-0400
Marlborough, MA 01752       www.legato.com