From:
"The Burlingames(" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Jul 1999 01:12:16 -0700
HI Beekeepers,

I looked through my hives today and found the empty queens cells
that account for the two swarms we have had lately. Also found one
full frame that was dark and empty. I would assume this was once
brood that left with the queens....is that right? Will they reuse this? It
was in the second deep super so I put it back down into the main brood
hive.

In looking through the frames...in the brood hive..there is the really dark
cells versus the pretty golden yellow honey comb.AM I right in calling
the dark, the brood?  Also, between two frames, the bees had built not only
on each frame but had comb built between the two frames requiring the two
frames to be moved together.  Should I try and separate these two frames? Does
this extra comb between the two frames cause problems with the pheronmes?(or however
you spell it?)

Also, we moved one of our hives at night time and today there were many bees
back on the wood where that hive had been.  I put an empty super that I had used
in that hive but had just replaced and moved some back to the new location. Will
the bees find they way to the new hive? I had understood if you moved them at night
there wouldn't be a problem with them being lost?

Appreciatively,

Meri Burlingame