From:
Bill Mares <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Jul 1999 13:24:55 -0500
   I'd love to read a thread about how the general public regards
bees and beekeepers.   We all know why  bees have been devastated in
the last ten years and, I presume,  we are doing our bit to preserve them.
But  I'm wondering what the public really knows (and cares) about these
creatures we love.
    For example, if you ask Hollywood for information, you get THE
SWARM at one extrem and   ULEE'S GOLD at the other.
   As another example, I have one neighbor who welcomes a nearby hive
for his garden and on the other side a neighbor who thinks the only good
bee is a dead bee.
   Any thoughts on this perceptual conundrum?